Root canal therapy is an effective treatment for restoring teeth that are severely infected, decayed, or damaged. Root canal therapy can help to prevent the need for tooth extraction, and will help restore your smile’s health, function, and beauty. During the treatment, our dentist, Dr. Ostrowski, will remove the infected or damaged portion of the tooth pulp, then fill in the tooth and cap it with a dental crown to protect the tooth and to restore its shape, appearance, and function. Your restoration will look natural and beautiful and will help you return to optimal oral health. Root canal therapy can prevent infection from spreading to other areas of the mouth. Your root canal therapy will be completed in just a couple painless visits to our dental office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Please call Gaslight Village Family Dentistry today for more information on root canal therapy and to schedule your consultation.
We are excited to announce that we will be back to seeing your smiling faces on Monday June 1st!
We are following the most recent advice from the CDC and our professional organizations to make the changes needed to keep our patients and our team safe from infection. Some of those changes include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We will use a no-contact thermometer to take your temperature when you arrive.
- We also ask that you come into the office alone. If necessary, one caregiver or family member may come in with the patient.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and we will have it available for you to use again after procedure and checkout.
- We ask that our patients arrive wearing a face covering or mask upon entering office and after the procedure while checking out.
- All operatory rooms and front desk areas will be sanitized after each patient.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you as well reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our team will be wearing extra personal protective equipment. The office temperature will be set a little cooler, so you may want to bring in a sweater or blanket for your comfort.
Thank you for your patience as we work to reschedule everyone. In the meantime if you are experiencing a dental emergency please call our office at 616.454.8228.