Fluoride is a mineral that helps to prevent tooth decay and can reverse early decay. Fluoride is naturally occurring in water and in many foods, but it is important to supplement this with additional fluoride. Fluoride is available in many toothpastes and mouthwashes; be sure to use a fluoride toothpaste! When you visit Gaslight Village Family Dentistry, our dentists and dental team will apply a fluoride treatment to your teeth to further protect them from tooth decay. Fluoride treatment can be applied in the form of a gel, foam, or varnish. It is especially important for children between the ages of 6 months and 16 years to be exposed to fluoride. To learn more about our fluoride treatments and how we can help you prevent tooth decay, we welcome you to call our dental office in Grand Rapids, Michigan today. Our dental team is always happy to answer your questions!
We are excited to announce that we will be back to seeing your smiling faces on Monday June 1st!
We are following the most recent advice from the CDC and our professional organizations to make the changes needed to keep our patients and our team safe from infection. Some of those changes include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We will use a no-contact thermometer to take your temperature when you arrive.
- We also ask that you come into the office alone. If necessary, one caregiver or family member may come in with the patient.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and we will have it available for you to use again after procedure and checkout.
- We ask that our patients arrive wearing a face covering or mask upon entering office and after the procedure while checking out.
- All operatory rooms and front desk areas will be sanitized after each patient.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you as well reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our team will be wearing extra personal protective equipment. The office temperature will be set a little cooler, so you may want to bring in a sweater or blanket for your comfort.
Thank you for your patience as we work to reschedule everyone. In the meantime if you are experiencing a dental emergency please call our office at 616.454.8228.