A dental bridge is a fixed dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge consists of an artificial tooth and two dental crowns, which are placed on the two teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap to support the artificial tooth. Your Grand Rapids, Michigan dentist, Dr. Ostrowski, may recommend a dental bridge in order to:
- Maintain your facial shape and volume
- Alleviate stress on your bite
- Prevent other teeth from shifting in the mouth
- Improve your ability to chew and eat
- Enhance the appearance of your smile
Your custom dental bridge may be created from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials to ensure that your restoration is beautiful and durable. To learn more about dental bridges and our other dental services, we welcome you to contact Gaslight Village Family Dentistry today. We look forward to caring for your smile!